Including information shared during the lecture discussions in our Mood/Affective Disorders course and after viewing the following films in class:
• Video clip from the film: “What the Bleep Do We Know?” (2004). Captured Light & Lord of the Wind Films. LLC. All rights reserved. www.whatthebleep.com
• Video clip from the film: “Secrets of the Mind”: The mind works in mysterious ways. Now, one man is solving some astounding brain-teasers. (2001). Written and Directed by Christopher Rawlence. Produced by Emma Crichton-Miller. Managing Director Alan Ritsko. Executive Producer Paula S. Apsell. A Rosetta Pictures production for NOVA/WGBH and Channel 4 © 2001. WGBH Educational Foundation. www.wgbh.org
• Three short video clips concerning the Biology of Depression: o Neurons and how they work (psy1113); (This video provided animation concerning pathways of the brain and the neuron firing process.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR4S1BqdFG4 o Stimulating Serotonin Release-Medication for Depression; (This video provided animation concerning the neurotransmitter Serotonin in action within the synapse.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMsWtP3VS3Q o Depression – it’s causes (hsznpqb); (This video provided a lecture on the topic of depression.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJKSfRKBzw0
• Please include any related material from the book “All about Depression”, or any relevant lecture information provided by Dr. Cooke during classes. Make sure that the points identified by number and letter below are used as the headers for the paper you write. (e.g., #1 is a header; number & letter (1a) is a header; #2 is a header; number & letter (2a) is header). Your writing should include the key ideas conveyed to you by way of the video-clips you observed; what you’ve read in “All About Depression”; and what Dr. Cooke has lectured. Additionally, you MUST INCLUDE your own thoughts concerning any preconceived beliefs, stereotypes, attitudes and awareness on the questions presented by Dr. Cooke. In some ways this writing project is a self-reflection paper that also requires that you provide evidence based information from what you’ve seen, heard and had a chance to read.
Therefore, please write your 1 st paper including questions from below:
1. What were your previous beliefs about the Depression and the Biological Causes of Depressive Symptoms? (Note: Feel free to be as honest as you are comfortable being. The objective is to indicate where you were before your introduction to the lecture material and selected film footage.) Page 3 of 6 a. Make sure you Compare and contrast this belief with what the DSM-5 highlights about symptoms included within the diagnosis of The Major Depressive Disorders only.
2. What were your previous beliefs about the role of the Brain with regard to being involved in the symptoms associated with Depression, at a Physiological and Neuro-chemical level? (Note: Feel free to be as honest as you are comfortable being. The objective is to indicate where you were before your introduction to the lecture material and selected film footage.)
a. Make sure you Compare and contrast this belief with both what was discussed during our lecture and what you recall learning from the two films you were able to observe.
Remember that for this course I am sincerely interested in your thoughts and feelings as you discuss in your papers your preconceived beliefs/ideas/thoughts. This includes sharing any stereotypes, stigmas, and/or inaccurate observations with the intent of providing new information that has helped to revise, update and clarify your new knowledge and understanding of Depression.
Overall, these papers are designed to increase your factual knowledge and understanding juxtaposed to your preconceived notions, which have been shaped by society and culture. The length of your paper should be more than 1500 words and utilize the APA Publication Manual 6 th Edition recommendations for citations when referring to either the video clips from the films; YouTube clips or the DSM-5. You are also free to utilize any of the textbook by Dr. Cooke, any related books or articles referenced in your syllabus or to discover on your own any materials that have helped increase your insight and knowledge with understanding about Depression.
Our group of high quality writers are ready to help you with a similar paper within a specified deadline. Just click ORDER NOW and provide us with your assignment details, contact information and make payments. You will get periodic updates on order progress in your email.
USE THE CALCULATOR BELOW TO GET THE QUOTE[order_calculator]