“How the development of the Web and Internet has impacted global finances?”
Choose any “one company” (say, Barnes and Nobles) or “one industry” (say, Music Industry) or any one aspect of global finance (say, foreign exchange management) or a new business model (say, Bitcoin). The paper should be based on current research articles as well as other reading materials. The paper should be well written and proper end notes and bibliography are required. As a general guideline, the paper should be approximately TWENTY pages long, typed (1.5 spacing Font size 11 and excluding references and appendices). You should choose a very specific topic and do in depth research in that topic. Analytical and Quantitative/ Computer analysis will be amply rewarded in the course. Some suggested topics are below. But please choose a topic of your own. The “first” criteria for grading the final project is the originality of the topic.
1. Impact of Internet on any individual participant in supply chain
2. Impact of Internet on global ginancial management strategies of a particular industry
3. Impact of Internet on global portfolio management strategies of a particular company or institution.
4. Impact of Internet on any electronic market
5. Taxability of assets in electronic markets
6. E-Credit markets
7. E-Debt / bond markets
8. Impact of the Internet on a specific industry: say Airlines or, Book-sellers, or Music, or Auctions, etc.
9. Global strategies to combat E-frauds
10. Effect of web on Auction Markets: Implications for global pricing issues
11. Effect of web in derivative trading strategies: Program trading, Portfolio Insurance:
12. Internet and world currency; bit coins
13. Effect of Internet in a particular company. [American Airlines, Apple, Block Buster, to Virtual Zoos]
I will attach some samples on what it is expected on this paper. Again, this is just an example.