. Application of the Background and Methodology of the Research Process to Problems in Health Care
• The paper addresses the questions under the following headings:
o Definition of the Problem
• The problem the study was conducted to resolve.
? The problem important for health care administrators to study.
o Study Purpose
? The purpose of the study.
o Research Questions
• The main research question.
? the research question is identified, If not otherwise stated.
• The study hypothesis.
• The hypothesis is identified, If not otherwise stated.
? If more than one study hypothesis, the hypothesis or hypotheses is stated.
o Study Variables
? The independent and dependent study variables are identified.
o Conceptual Model or Theoretical Framework
? A conceptual model or theoretical framework is identified in the study.
o Review of Related Literature
? The literature review supports the need for this study.
o Study Design
• A study design is identified.
• The number of subjects is identified.
• The location the subjects were found is explained.
• The organization studied is identified.
? The duration of the study is explained
• The paper—including the title page, reference page, tables, and any appendices—is consistent with APA guidelines as directed by the facilitator. The paper is laid out with effective use of headings, font styles,
and white space.
• Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed; spelling is correct.