• Academic essay (1500 words),
• Focus: Professional nursing practice in Australia
• Task: An academic essay/ persuasive essay
• According to Daly, Speedy and Jackson (2014), the concept of caring is identified as central to the theory and practice of nurses. Nursing has an essential role to care for the health of individuals, families and communities. Many people believe that care given by nurses has the potential to restore health.
• However, today’s healthcare system is shaped by overarching economic influences, such as cost containment and profit margins. It seems that there is less of a platform for caring work. The challenge for nurses is how they can provide effective care in the context of ongoing resource constraints. This could result in a situation where there is more concern with institutional cost saving than with quality care.
*Present an academic essay that will persuade the lecturer to agree with your stance in relation to the following question.
*Do you agree that caring in nursing is under threat in the contemporary health care environment?*
In your essay, you should include:
1. A discussion of the meaning of care, caring and comfort in the nursing context. You are encouraged to use various nurse theorists’ concepts of caring to support your thoughts.
2. A statement of your position, e.g., do you agree or disagree with the statement? What is the basis for your position, i.e. the evidence supporting your stance?
3. Counter-arguments against opposing views.
• Write in the third person; avoid personal pronouns such as ‘I’ and ‘you’.
• Avoid long, confusing sentences and check that your tenses (past, present and future) are consistent within the same sentence.
• Avoid posing questions; work the information into paragraphs.
• Use plain English/academic English. It is essential that you’re meaning is clear and that you demonstrate your understanding of the nature of the topic.
• Write your essay to the marking rubric, as this forms the basis of the marking scheme.
• Use Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point font. Do not use bold type.
• Use 1.5 spacing.
• Do not use headings.
• Include the correct cover sheet at the front of your final submission
• A minimum of 5 peer-reviewed journal articles or texts not be more than 5 years old.
• Use APA 6th edition referencing style.( SEE SAMPLE ATTACHMENT FILE )
• Every idea should have the proper CITATIONS. e.g.( Frolova, 2014)
• Paragraph to paragraph ideas should link with each other or always related and relevant.
• PLS. USE THE RUBRIC MARKING (SEE ATTACHMENT FILE BELOW) IN MAKING, REFERING and AFTER WORKING AT THE ESSAY TO MEET THE REQUIRED GRADES.